Just because you listen to hip-hop, or in Folkz’ case, create hip-hop, doesn’t mean that you can’t listen to music that is outside the genre. On his latest grimy effort, 550, Folkz takes this lesson to the Nth degree by putting his own grungy spin on the Blind Melon classic, “No Rain,” at the end of the effort. Rest assured, 550 isn’t a cover, as there is some serious original content confined within the record’s roughly four minute run time. Over his own grimy production, led by a slurring guitar, the DMV spitta engages with a unique approach that is characterized by a relaxed flow and aggressive, weight-pushing bars that give this song a street-friendly vibe. It is not known if 550 will appear on Folkz’ Slumdogg Trillionaire project (due out sometime this year), but as always, keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.