After releasing his 20/20 EP, Fokis is back with a new project that utilizes Internet juggernaut MySpace. Get Loose, the first cut off of A Walk Through Myspace (Vol. 1), finds a slew of up-and-coming artists uniting for the greater good of hip-hop. Joining the fray are fellow Lower East Side rhymesayer, Fordablok, Toronto’s Adversaree, and the versatile Crosby, who rhyme over scratches by DJ Grouch and a horn-heavy track by California producer D.C. Available for digital download in November, the compilation project is a uniquely “fokis’d” idea that should receive some generous exposure. For all the graphic designers out there, Fokis is currently holding a contest for the creation of the album artwork. If you’d like to see your work featured at the release party at Pyramid Lounge in New York City, peep his MySpace page.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/30/08
Submit your Rating
Loyalty Digital Corp.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"About Dat Doe" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.