After releasing his 20/20 EP, Fokis is back with a new project that utilizes Internet juggernaut MySpace. Get Loose, the first cut off of A Walk Through Myspace (Vol. 1), finds a slew of up-and-coming artists uniting for the greater good of hip-hop. Joining the fray are fellow Lower East Side rhymesayer, Fordablok, Toronto’s Adversaree, and the versatile Crosby, who rhyme over scratches by DJ Grouch and a horn-heavy track by California producer D.C. Available for digital download in November, the compilation project is a uniquely “fokis’d” idea that should receive some generous exposure. For all the graphic designers out there, Fokis is currently holding a contest for the creation of the album artwork. If you’d like to see your work featured at the release party at Pyramid Lounge in New York City, peep his MySpace page.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/30/08
Submit your Rating
Loyalty Digital Corp.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"About Dat Doe" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.