After releasing his 20/20 EP, Fokis is back with a new project that utilizes Internet juggernaut MySpace. Get Loose, the first cut off of A Walk Through Myspace (Vol. 1), finds a slew of up-and-coming artists uniting for the greater good of hip-hop. Joining the fray are fellow Lower East Side rhymesayer, Fordablok, Toronto’s Adversaree, and the versatile Crosby, who rhyme over scratches by DJ Grouch and a horn-heavy track by California producer D.C. Available for digital download in November, the compilation project is a uniquely “fokis’d” idea that should receive some generous exposure. For all the graphic designers out there, Fokis is currently holding a contest for the creation of the album artwork. If you’d like to see your work featured at the release party at Pyramid Lounge in New York City, peep his MySpace page.
Listen to More: Fokis
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/30/08
Submit your Rating
Loyalty Digital Corp.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"About Dat Doe" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.