After releasing his 20/20 EP, Fokis is back with a new project that utilizes Internet juggernaut MySpace. Get Loose, the first cut off of A Walk Through Myspace (Vol. 1), finds a slew of up-and-coming artists uniting for the greater good of hip-hop. Joining the fray are fellow Lower East Side rhymesayer, Fordablok, Toronto’s Adversaree, and the versatile Crosby, who rhyme over scratches by DJ Grouch and a horn-heavy track by California producer D.C. Available for digital download in November, the compilation project is a uniquely “fokis’d” idea that should receive some generous exposure. For all the graphic designers out there, Fokis is currently holding a contest for the creation of the album artwork. If you’d like to see your work featured at the release party at Pyramid Lounge in New York City, peep his MySpace page.
Listen to More: Fokis
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/30/08
Loyalty Digital Corp.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"About Dat Doe" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)