When we last saw Focus…, in July, he was getting us ready for his Focal Point 1172 II album with Just Don’t Know. Now, four months later, Focal Point 1172 II still has yet to drop. But you can dry your tears, because today he returns with another fresh cut off the album, new single Ayaah Wayaah (The Love Song). Focus…, featured for the 16th time here at The DJBooth, never ceases to impress both as an emcee and a producer. First, he is responsible for the track’s unique beat, whose clapping, crunching effects are sure to catch your ear. Most complementary is his flow, which is perfect for the record’s atmospheric vibe. It is powerful, but still understated, and it really works with the production to make the song an engaging listen. When Focus… is ready to drop Focal Point 1172 II, we will be sure to let you know.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.