When we last saw Focus…, in July, he was getting us ready for his Focal Point 1172 II album with Just Don’t Know. Now, four months later, Focal Point 1172 II still has yet to drop. But you can dry your tears, because today he returns with another fresh cut off the album, new single Ayaah Wayaah (The Love Song). Focus…, featured for the 16th time here at The DJBooth, never ceases to impress both as an emcee and a producer. First, he is responsible for the track’s unique beat, whose clapping, crunching effects are sure to catch your ear. Most complementary is his flow, which is perfect for the record’s atmospheric vibe. It is powerful, but still understated, and it really works with the production to make the song an engaging listen. When Focus… is ready to drop Focal Point 1172 II, we will be sure to let you know.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.