Focus… may be best known for his work behind the boards, but production is only one of the elliptically-named Renaissance artist’s many talents. On new EP single AUTUMN, the a.Fam Entertainment emcee demonstrates the full range of his skills, crafting a head-noddable, sampled beat (complete with totally unexpected dubstep outro) to back his nostalgic lyrical reflections on hip-hop’s past, and tying the whole package together with a sung chorus. Impressed? Of course you are. So you’ll most definitely want to keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the August 7, release of Focus…’ Focal Point: 1172 EP.
Written by richard on 06/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.