Focus… may be best known for his work behind the boards, but production is only one of the elliptically-named Renaissance artist’s many talents. On new EP single AUTUMN, the a.Fam Entertainment emcee demonstrates the full range of his skills, crafting a head-noddable, sampled beat (complete with totally unexpected dubstep outro) to back his nostalgic lyrical reflections on hip-hop’s past, and tying the whole package together with a sung chorus. Impressed? Of course you are. So you’ll most definitely want to keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the August 7, release of Focus…’ Focal Point: 1172 EP.
Written by richard on 06/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.