Last we featured Focus… on the solo tip was back in summer of 2012, when he unleashed his Focal Point: 1172 street album for digital purchase. Today, the Grammy-winning beatsmith and occasional emcee is back on our pages with the latest song release off that set’s impending sequel. On Just Don’t Know, Focus reflects on his plight as an underground artist in the market-driven landscape of contemporary hip-hop. Over his own atmospheric chopped-sample production, he notes that his brand of heat may be a hard sell in today’s game, but adamantly refuses to compromise his vision. Does this gritty selection leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Focal Point: 1172 II, dropping soon via #TheCoSign.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)