Last we featured Focus… on the solo tip was back in summer of 2012, when he unleashed his Focal Point: 1172 street album for digital purchase. Today, the Grammy-winning beatsmith and occasional emcee is back on our pages with the latest song release off that set’s impending sequel. On Just Don’t Know, Focus reflects on his plight as an underground artist in the market-driven landscape of contemporary hip-hop. Over his own atmospheric chopped-sample production, he notes that his brand of heat may be a hard sell in today’s game, but adamantly refuses to compromise his vision. Does this gritty selection leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Focal Point: 1172 II, dropping soon via #TheCoSign.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.