Last we featured Focus… on the solo tip was back in summer of 2012, when he unleashed his Focal Point: 1172 street album for digital purchase. Today, the Grammy-winning beatsmith and occasional emcee is back on our pages with the latest song release off that set’s impending sequel. On Just Don’t Know, Focus reflects on his plight as an underground artist in the market-driven landscape of contemporary hip-hop. Over his own atmospheric chopped-sample production, he notes that his brand of heat may be a hard sell in today’s game, but adamantly refuses to compromise his vision. Does this gritty selection leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Focal Point: 1172 II, dropping soon via #TheCoSign.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.