Last we featured Focus… on the solo tip was back in summer of 2012, when he unleashed his Focal Point: 1172 street album for digital purchase. Today, the Grammy-winning beatsmith and occasional emcee is back on our pages with the latest song release off that set’s impending sequel. On Just Don’t Know, Focus reflects on his plight as an underground artist in the market-driven landscape of contemporary hip-hop. Over his own atmospheric chopped-sample production, he notes that his brand of heat may be a hard sell in today’s game, but adamantly refuses to compromise his vision. Does this gritty selection leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Focal Point: 1172 II, dropping soon via #TheCoSign.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.