In today’s fast-moving, often-superficial world, Perspective is a rare commodity. Though rap music as a whole plays a part in perpetuating – or at least reflecting – our culture’s messed-up priorities, we can be thankful that there are still some in the game determined to bring things back into focus… like Focus… (First set of ellipses mine, second his) On this remix of/response to Idols & Role Models, a recent joint dedicated to the Aftermath beatsmith’s daughter, two Little Brother affiliates grab the mic to offer their thoughts on society’s lack of true guidance and substance, particularly where young women are concerned. Over the headliner’s smooth chopped-sample boardwork (drawn from Rhythm’s Find Somebody to Love) underground mainstay Rapper Big Pooh andHall of Justus emcee Chaundon drop bars laced with hard-earned wisdom and unanswered questions, the former underlining the transformative power of quality rhymes on the front, and the latter spitting about his hopes for his young nieces on the back. Though this fresh and sincere joint isn’t attached to any project, those digging it can keep it locked for the latest tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 03/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.