In today’s fast-moving, often-superficial world, Perspective is a rare commodity. Though rap music as a whole plays a part in perpetuating – or at least reflecting – our culture’s messed-up priorities, we can be thankful that there are still some in the game determined to bring things back into focus… like Focus… (First set of ellipses mine, second his) On this remix of/response to Idols & Role Models, a recent joint dedicated to the Aftermath beatsmith’s daughter, two Little Brother affiliates grab the mic to offer their thoughts on society’s lack of true guidance and substance, particularly where young women are concerned. Over the headliner’s smooth chopped-sample boardwork (drawn from Rhythm’s Find Somebody to Love) underground mainstay Rapper Big Pooh andHall of Justus emcee Chaundon drop bars laced with hard-earned wisdom and unanswered questions, the former underlining the transformative power of quality rhymes on the front, and the latter spitting about his hopes for his young nieces on the back. Though this fresh and sincere joint isn’t attached to any project, those digging it can keep it locked for the latest tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 03/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.