In today’s fast-moving, often-superficial world, Perspective is a rare commodity. Though rap music as a whole plays a part in perpetuating – or at least reflecting – our culture’s messed-up priorities, we can be thankful that there are still some in the game determined to bring things back into focus… like Focus… (First set of ellipses mine, second his) On this remix of/response to Idols & Role Models, a recent joint dedicated to the Aftermath beatsmith’s daughter, two Little Brother affiliates grab the mic to offer their thoughts on society’s lack of true guidance and substance, particularly where young women are concerned. Over the headliner’s smooth chopped-sample boardwork (drawn from Rhythm’s Find Somebody to Love) underground mainstay Rapper Big Pooh andHall of Justus emcee Chaundon drop bars laced with hard-earned wisdom and unanswered questions, the former underlining the transformative power of quality rhymes on the front, and the latter spitting about his hopes for his young nieces on the back. Though this fresh and sincere joint isn’t attached to any project, those digging it can keep it locked for the latest tunes from all involved.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shine ft. Bishop Lamont & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.