As a member of the Aftermath production team, Focus has gotten the opportunity to work with some of hip-hop’s biggest names (even making a few beats for the still-unheard Detox along the way). On his new single, Shine, he snagged a couple of the ‘Math’s finest, Bishop Lamont and Busta Rhymes, and assists with one of his very own club banging beats. All three bring enough energy for a hit, but when you’re signed to a label that is notorious for constantly pushing back its artist’s projects, it will take a massive viral bandwagon for Shine to propel Focus’ rap career. Check back in later this year to see if things have cleared up.
Written by Burmy on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electric Boom ft. Foals" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.