As a member of the Aftermath production team, Focus has gotten the opportunity to work with some of hip-hop’s biggest names (even making a few beats for the still-unheard Detox along the way). On his new single, Shine, he snagged a couple of the ‘Math’s finest, Bishop Lamont and Busta Rhymes, and assists with one of his very own club banging beats. All three bring enough energy for a hit, but when you’re signed to a label that is notorious for constantly pushing back its artist’s projects, it will take a massive viral bandwagon for Shine to propel Focus’ rap career. Check back in later this year to see if things have cleared up.
Written by Burmy on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electric Boom ft. Foals" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.