As a member of the Aftermath production team, Focus has gotten the opportunity to work with some of hip-hop’s biggest names (even making a few beats for the still-unheard Detox along the way). On his new single, Shine, he snagged a couple of the ‘Math’s finest, Bishop Lamont and Busta Rhymes, and assists with one of his very own club banging beats. All three bring enough energy for a hit, but when you’re signed to a label that is notorious for constantly pushing back its artist’s projects, it will take a massive viral bandwagon for Shine to propel Focus’ rap career. Check back in later this year to see if things have cleared up.
Written by Burmy on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electric Boom ft. Foals" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.