As a member of the Aftermath production team, Focus has gotten the opportunity to work with some of hip-hop’s biggest names (even making a few beats for the still-unheard Detox along the way). On his new single, Shine, he snagged a couple of the ‘Math’s finest, Bishop Lamont and Busta Rhymes, and assists with one of his very own club banging beats. All three bring enough energy for a hit, but when you’re signed to a label that is notorious for constantly pushing back its artist’s projects, it will take a massive viral bandwagon for Shine to propel Focus’ rap career. Check back in later this year to see if things have cleared up.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electric Boom ft. Foals" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.