Imagine you’re in a grocery store and just can’t decide, do you want Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, Froot Loops, or Raisin Bran? The ideal solution to this dilemma, of course, would be to pick up a Value Pack containing all those cereals, so you can pick whichever you feel like on any given morning. Columbus natives Fly Union have taken a similar approach with their latest project, Fly Union’s Value Pack, which offers fans four brand new records to choose from. On the second track, Jerreau Smith (the lyricist) lets us all know just how ready he is for superstardom—just give him an AirPlane ticket and he’ll be on there fast enough to make Superman’s head spin. Fly Society captain Curren$y sounds right at home over JaySwif and Iye‘s beat (sampled from Jefferson Airplane’s Give Me A Ticket For An Aeroplane), soaring above the industry shenanigans with a braggadocio-packed guest verse. Fans should check the skies on Monday, when next week’s Independent chart hits the Booth—AirPlane may well be flying high in the top three!
Written by Burmy on 08/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Poed Up" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.