Being young, fresh and fashionable is no walk in the park, particularly in the midst of the worst economic slump since the “Great” one. Thus, three enterprising Columbus, Ohio natives have decided to unionize in order to get the respect they deserve. With their Fly Union movement, lyricist Jerreau Smith and emcee/producers JaySwif and Iye hope to make a Beatles-sized mark on today’s cultural landscape. It’s a tall order—are they up to the challenge? Beats me, but, judging by the group’s Booth debut, they can most definitely put together some killer tunes. On this cut off their new Value Pack (Vol. 1) mixtape (the first in a monthly series of 4-track street releases), the trio, along with G.O.O.D. Music‘s Big Sean, head out to get Poed Up with a few ladies. Of course, not just any girl will do; over Monkey Wrench‘s laid-back synth boardwork, the the up-and-comers emphasize that anyone below an ‘8’ need not apply. It’s clear that these Midwesterners have the confidence necessary to make it big; those looking to get even more familiar with the Fly.U movement can download a copy of their first Value Pack mixtape (available now online).
Written by richard on 07/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.