When it comes to creating a market for their music, Jerreau Smith, JaySwif and Iye don’t tiptoe around the issue – they come right out and tell you that you need more Fly Union in your life. In other words, the Columbus, Ohio natives are fans of the Hard Sell. On this newly-released single, the trio give inquiring minds a glimpse of how they do business. Over their own lushly-sampled, jazz-inflected production work, the self proclaimed Beatles of the 21st century delineate their uncompromising philosophy on the grind, proudly affirming their single-minded commitment to getting that paper: “Bein’ broke in America don’t make no sense / And I’m a motherf*cking capitalist.” Topped off with a famed quote from go-getter extraordinaire Muhammad Ali, this joint is sure to have ambitious heads angling for entrance into The Greater Than Club. If that’s the case, plenty more “get rich music” awaits on F.U.‘s latest full-length, arriving on the ‘net April 26.
Written by richard on 04/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Poed Up" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.