When it comes to creating a market for their music, Jerreau Smith, JaySwif and Iye don’t tiptoe around the issue – they come right out and tell you that you need more Fly Union in your life. In other words, the Columbus, Ohio natives are fans of the Hard Sell. On this newly-released single, the trio give inquiring minds a glimpse of how they do business. Over their own lushly-sampled, jazz-inflected production work, the self proclaimed Beatles of the 21st century delineate their uncompromising philosophy on the grind, proudly affirming their single-minded commitment to getting that paper: “Bein’ broke in America don’t make no sense / And I’m a motherf*cking capitalist.” Topped off with a famed quote from go-getter extraordinaire Muhammad Ali, this joint is sure to have ambitious heads angling for entrance into The Greater Than Club. If that’s the case, plenty more “get rich music” awaits on F.U.‘s latest full-length, arriving on the ‘net April 26.
Written by richard on 04/6/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Poed Up" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)