When it comes to creating a market for their music, Jerreau Smith, JaySwif and Iye don’t tiptoe around the issue – they come right out and tell you that you need more Fly Union in your life. In other words, the Columbus, Ohio natives are fans of the Hard Sell. On this newly-released single, the trio give inquiring minds a glimpse of how they do business. Over their own lushly-sampled, jazz-inflected production work, the self proclaimed Beatles of the 21st century delineate their uncompromising philosophy on the grind, proudly affirming their single-minded commitment to getting that paper: “Bein’ broke in America don’t make no sense / And I’m a motherf*cking capitalist.” Topped off with a famed quote from go-getter extraordinaire Muhammad Ali, this joint is sure to have ambitious heads angling for entrance into The Greater Than Club. If that’s the case, plenty more “get rich music” awaits on F.U.‘s latest full-length, arriving on the ‘net April 26.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Poed Up" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!