When it comes to creating a market for their music, Jerreau Smith, JaySwif and Iye don’t tiptoe around the issue – they come right out and tell you that you need more Fly Union in your life. In other words, the Columbus, Ohio natives are fans of the Hard Sell. On this newly-released single, the trio give inquiring minds a glimpse of how they do business. Over their own lushly-sampled, jazz-inflected production work, the self proclaimed Beatles of the 21st century delineate their uncompromising philosophy on the grind, proudly affirming their single-minded commitment to getting that paper: “Bein’ broke in America don’t make no sense / And I’m a motherf*cking capitalist.” Topped off with a famed quote from go-getter extraordinaire Muhammad Ali, this joint is sure to have ambitious heads angling for entrance into The Greater Than Club. If that’s the case, plenty more “get rich music” awaits on F.U.‘s latest full-length, arriving on the ‘net April 26.
Written by richard on 04/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Poed Up" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.