When it comes to creating a market for their music, Jerreau Smith, JaySwif and Iye don’t tiptoe around the issue – they come right out and tell you that you need more Fly Union in your life. In other words, the Columbus, Ohio natives are fans of the Hard Sell. On this newly-released single, the trio give inquiring minds a glimpse of how they do business. Over their own lushly-sampled, jazz-inflected production work, the self proclaimed Beatles of the 21st century delineate their uncompromising philosophy on the grind, proudly affirming their single-minded commitment to getting that paper: “Bein’ broke in America don’t make no sense / And I’m a motherf*cking capitalist.” Topped off with a famed quote from go-getter extraordinaire Muhammad Ali, this joint is sure to have ambitious heads angling for entrance into The Greater Than Club. If that’s the case, plenty more “get rich music” awaits on F.U.‘s latest full-length, arriving on the ‘net April 26.
Written by richard on 04/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Poed Up" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.