If you are from the DMV, like yours truly, then last night’s Skins loss was doubtless a little tough to stomach. While you might be hurting, you can find comfort in this freshly-released record from buzzmaking DMV crew Fly Rebel Society. On their first Booth feature, Rebels, the quintet display a lively, engaging style that’s as uplifting as an RGIII touchdown. Drawing inspiration from ‘70s cop movies, beatsmith Radio Hitz cooks up a smooth, horn-driven beat that perfectly complements the crew’s multifaceted style. Though five voices can be a lot to handle, the charisma and fluidity of their flows create one cohesive sound; they’re sort of like a hip-hop version of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Rebels did not make the group’s latest project, so you can only imagine what dopeness is in store on The FRESH Effect, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/10/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)