Fresh off their contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, D.C. buzzmakers Fly Gypsy are back on our front page with a new single dedicated to You – that’s right, you. Producer Alexei Jendayi, catchy, sax-accented instrumental sets a chilled-out mood as Kowboy Kom delivers his conversational rhymes, notably revealing a penchant for food-related foreplay: “I’m feedin’ you from a plate of fresh fruit/ Can you taste the pineapples, the kiwis, the juice from the grapes?” Rolling with the fruit theme, Tattiana Aqeel-de Oliveira guest vocals are the cherry on top of this musical ice cream sundae, delivering a memorable hook and heavy-lidded ad-libs throughout, the singer showcases a smooth, off the cuff style that perfectly matches the record’s relaxed feel. For more unconventionally catchy, ear-pleasing jams from Fly Gypsy, check out the duo’s Change for a Dollar EP, released today and available for purchase here. Stay tuned for the premiere of this single’s official video, shot in Jamaica.
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Submit your Rating
Fly Gypsy Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.