Fresh off their contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, D.C. buzzmakers Fly Gypsy are back on our front page with a new single dedicated to You – that’s right, you. Producer Alexei Jendayi, catchy, sax-accented instrumental sets a chilled-out mood as Kowboy Kom delivers his conversational rhymes, notably revealing a penchant for food-related foreplay: “I’m feedin’ you from a plate of fresh fruit/ Can you taste the pineapples, the kiwis, the juice from the grapes?” Rolling with the fruit theme, Tattiana Aqeel-de Oliveira guest vocals are the cherry on top of this musical ice cream sundae, delivering a memorable hook and heavy-lidded ad-libs throughout, the singer showcases a smooth, off the cuff style that perfectly matches the record’s relaxed feel. For more unconventionally catchy, ear-pleasing jams from Fly Gypsy, check out the duo’s Change for a Dollar EP, released today and available for purchase here. Stay tuned for the premiere of this single’s official video, shot in Jamaica.
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Submit your Rating
Fly Gypsy Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.