Fresh off their contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, D.C. buzzmakers Fly Gypsy are back on our front page with a new single dedicated to You – that’s right, you. Producer Alexei Jendayi, catchy, sax-accented instrumental sets a chilled-out mood as Kowboy Kom delivers his conversational rhymes, notably revealing a penchant for food-related foreplay: “I’m feedin’ you from a plate of fresh fruit/ Can you taste the pineapples, the kiwis, the juice from the grapes?” Rolling with the fruit theme, Tattiana Aqeel-de Oliveira guest vocals are the cherry on top of this musical ice cream sundae, delivering a memorable hook and heavy-lidded ad-libs throughout, the singer showcases a smooth, off the cuff style that perfectly matches the record’s relaxed feel. For more unconventionally catchy, ear-pleasing jams from Fly Gypsy, check out the duo’s Change for a Dollar EP, released today and available for purchase here. Stay tuned for the premiere of this single’s official video, shot in Jamaica.
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Submit your Rating
Fly Gypsy Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)