Fresh off their contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, D.C. buzzmakers Fly Gypsy are back on our front page with a new single dedicated to You – that’s right, you. Producer Alexei Jendayi, catchy, sax-accented instrumental sets a chilled-out mood as Kowboy Kom delivers his conversational rhymes, notably revealing a penchant for food-related foreplay: “I’m feedin’ you from a plate of fresh fruit/ Can you taste the pineapples, the kiwis, the juice from the grapes?” Rolling with the fruit theme, Tattiana Aqeel-de Oliveira guest vocals are the cherry on top of this musical ice cream sundae, delivering a memorable hook and heavy-lidded ad-libs throughout, the singer showcases a smooth, off the cuff style that perfectly matches the record’s relaxed feel. For more unconventionally catchy, ear-pleasing jams from Fly Gypsy, check out the duo’s Change for a Dollar EP, released today and available for purchase here. Stay tuned for the premiere of this single’s official video, shot in Jamaica.
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Fly Gypsy Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)