Fresh off their contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, D.C. buzzmakers Fly Gypsy are back on our front page with a new single dedicated to You – that’s right, you. Producer Alexei Jendayi, catchy, sax-accented instrumental sets a chilled-out mood as Kowboy Kom delivers his conversational rhymes, notably revealing a penchant for food-related foreplay: “I’m feedin’ you from a plate of fresh fruit/ Can you taste the pineapples, the kiwis, the juice from the grapes?” Rolling with the fruit theme, Tattiana Aqeel-de Oliveira guest vocals are the cherry on top of this musical ice cream sundae, delivering a memorable hook and heavy-lidded ad-libs throughout, the singer showcases a smooth, off the cuff style that perfectly matches the record’s relaxed feel. For more unconventionally catchy, ear-pleasing jams from Fly Gypsy, check out the duo’s Change for a Dollar EP, released today and available for purchase here. Stay tuned for the premiere of this single’s official video, shot in Jamaica.
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Submit your Rating
Fly Gypsy Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.