I’m trying to find the words to say this without being disrespectful, but personally speaking, I’d rather listen to a Yung Berg mixtape than David Guetta’s hit track Sexy B*tch again. It was enjoyable the first twenty times, but after the 10,379th time I heard that synth heavy beat comes across my radio dial, I was done. Luckily, and remarkably, just like they did on previous offering I Want It All, always eclectic crew Fly Gypsy have given the cut new life by significantly reworking it for their Sexy B*tch (Remix). On the sonic side of the equation producer Alexei gives the original beat a decidedly more up-tempo makeover, adding in horns and kinetic drums, and lyrically emcee Kowboy Kon pays tribute to the fairer sex with some party-ready lyrics sure to pack a dance floor. And now for the “which is better, the original or remix?” portion of the program. So, which one will it be? Those feelin Fly Gypsy’s remix skills should stoked to learn that their FG*XL:remixtape is set to drop in early April.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/15/10
Submit your Rating
Fly Gypsy Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.