I’m trying to find the words to say this without being disrespectful, but personally speaking, I’d rather listen to a Yung Berg mixtape than David Guetta’s hit track Sexy B*tch again. It was enjoyable the first twenty times, but after the 10,379th time I heard that synth heavy beat comes across my radio dial, I was done. Luckily, and remarkably, just like they did on previous offering I Want It All, always eclectic crew Fly Gypsy have given the cut new life by significantly reworking it for their Sexy B*tch (Remix). On the sonic side of the equation producer Alexei gives the original beat a decidedly more up-tempo makeover, adding in horns and kinetic drums, and lyrically emcee Kowboy Kon pays tribute to the fairer sex with some party-ready lyrics sure to pack a dance floor. And now for the “which is better, the original or remix?” portion of the program. So, which one will it be? Those feelin Fly Gypsy’s remix skills should stoked to learn that their FG*XL:remixtape is set to drop in early April.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/15/10
Submit your Rating
Fly Gypsy Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.