On his first DJBooth feature, early October’s Holdin’ On, Flume invited Freddie Gibbs to blaze an electronic instrumental far removed from his grimy usual fare. Though the move was unconventional, its audacity seemed to pay off, as the record won predominantly positive reviews on our pages. With follow-up Space Cadet, the Australian beatsmith attempts a similar trick, letting Wu Tang veteran Ghostface Killah work his magic over a smooth, spacey synth/percussion groove. NYC singer Autre Ne Veut‘s falsetto vocals enhance the records lightly funky vibe. How about it, Booth readers: is Flume’s latest experiment a success? Those leaning toward the affirmative will be able to find Space Cadet and much more on the deluxe edition of his self-titled set, scheduled to drop Stateside on Tuesday, November 12.
Written by richard on 11/4/13
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.