A buzzmaking beatsmith hailing from Sydney, Australia, Flume makes his first foray into the DJBooth with Holdin On, a cut off the forthcoming expanded edition of his last LP. Fueled by wobbly synths and a leisurely, hip-shaking rhythm section, the headliner’s production here is miles removed from Freddie Gibbs‘s usual fare, but I’ll be damned if the Gary, Indiana repper doesn’t kill it. In addition to the ESGN capo’s gruff, masterfully-flowed guest bars, the cut features soulful, studio-tweaked chorus vocals from a pair of uncredited singers. Flume: Deluxe Edition is scheduled to drop Tuesday, November 8. In the meantime, you can still cop the February-released original set in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Space Cadet" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.