Previously heard manning the mixing boards on joints by Deniro Farrar (Look to the Sky) and Calez (Intermission), Chi-Town beat crew Flosstradamus are back to make their Booth debut as headliners with new promo single Drop Top. Unsurprisingly given the title, this joint feels like it was designed to make trunks rattle, but it’ll also sound right at home blaring from the speakers at your local club. In J2K and Autobot‘s production, synth buzzes, burbles and whirs collide with robotic vocal samples over a thundering trap rhythm section. Ali and Quez of Decatur twosome Travis Porter handle mic duties, turning in raucous verses to match the turnt-up backdrop. Drop Top isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Flosstradamus’s plans as further details surface.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"TTU (Too Turnt Up)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.