Previously heard manning the mixing boards on joints by Deniro Farrar (Look to the Sky) and Calez (Intermission), Chi-Town beat crew Flosstradamus are back to make their Booth debut as headliners with new promo single Drop Top. Unsurprisingly given the title, this joint feels like it was designed to make trunks rattle, but it’ll also sound right at home blaring from the speakers at your local club. In J2K and Autobot‘s production, synth buzzes, burbles and whirs collide with robotic vocal samples over a thundering trap rhythm section. Ali and Quez of Decatur twosome Travis Porter handle mic duties, turning in raucous verses to match the turnt-up backdrop. Drop Top isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Flosstradamus’s plans as further details surface.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"TTU (Too Turnt Up)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.