In recent years, part of hip-hop’s appeal has been its ever-changing reality. Party songs regularly mesh with conscientious, worldly rap to create a genre that can’t be singularly defined. Thus, an eclectic new group seeks to carve out its own niche by combining classical music, hip-hop, and progressive rock. The Flobots, hailing from Denver, Colorado, mix together this curious blend on their new single, Rise. A solid drum pattern backs California-style guitar wailings as the group eagerly looks forward to a new era in the world, one full of positivism and opportunity. The self-produced track can be found on their recently-released album, Fight with Tools, which dropped on May 20. Look for these newcomers to gain support from the underground scene and maybe even Rise to the top.
Written by Carly on 08/17/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.