In recent years, part of hip-hop’s appeal has been its ever-changing reality. Party songs regularly mesh with conscientious, worldly rap to create a genre that can’t be singularly defined. Thus, an eclectic new group seeks to carve out its own niche by combining classical music, hip-hop, and progressive rock. The Flobots, hailing from Denver, Colorado, mix together this curious blend on their new single, Rise. A solid drum pattern backs California-style guitar wailings as the group eagerly looks forward to a new era in the world, one full of positivism and opportunity. The self-produced track can be found on their recently-released album, Fight with Tools, which dropped on May 20. Look for these newcomers to gain support from the underground scene and maybe even Rise to the top.
Written by Carly on 08/17/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.