In recent years, part of hip-hop’s appeal has been its ever-changing reality. Party songs regularly mesh with conscientious, worldly rap to create a genre that can’t be singularly defined. Thus, an eclectic new group seeks to carve out its own niche by combining classical music, hip-hop, and progressive rock. The Flobots, hailing from Denver, Colorado, mix together this curious blend on their new single, Rise. A solid drum pattern backs California-style guitar wailings as the group eagerly looks forward to a new era in the world, one full of positivism and opportunity. The self-produced track can be found on their recently-released album, Fight with Tools, which dropped on May 20. Look for these newcomers to gain support from the underground scene and maybe even Rise to the top.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!