In recent years, part of hip-hop’s appeal has been its ever-changing reality. Party songs regularly mesh with conscientious, worldly rap to create a genre that can’t be singularly defined. Thus, an eclectic new group seeks to carve out its own niche by combining classical music, hip-hop, and progressive rock. The Flobots, hailing from Denver, Colorado, mix together this curious blend on their new single, Rise. A solid drum pattern backs California-style guitar wailings as the group eagerly looks forward to a new era in the world, one full of positivism and opportunity. The self-produced track can be found on their recently-released album, Fight with Tools, which dropped on May 20. Look for these newcomers to gain support from the underground scene and maybe even Rise to the top.
Written by Carly on 08/17/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.