I know what you’re thinking; what the hell is a Zoosk Girl? I’ll be honest, I’ve listened to Flo-Rida’s new single for the last twenty minutes straight and I still have no idea. Even more confusingly, I can’t 100 percent figure out if Flo and guest artist T-Pain think being a Zoosk girl is a good thing or not (although it seems like they do…right?). Still, a track like this isn’t made to be analyzed. Like most of Flo’s work, it’s meant to stick in your head for hours, and by that measure it succeeds. The light, bouncing beat comes to us courtesy of J Rock, while Pain delivers yet another catchy hook and Flo, well, flows capably over the quickly moving beat. My advice? Don’t worry about what it means; just shut off your brain and enjoy. For more potentially mystifying hip-pop be sure to keep an eye out for Flo-Rida’s upcoming third studio album The Only One, which has yet to be granted a solid release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.