I know what you’re thinking; what the hell is a Zoosk Girl? I’ll be honest, I’ve listened to Flo-Rida’s new single for the last twenty minutes straight and I still have no idea. Even more confusingly, I can’t 100 percent figure out if Flo and guest artist T-Pain think being a Zoosk girl is a good thing or not (although it seems like they do…right?). Still, a track like this isn’t made to be analyzed. Like most of Flo’s work, it’s meant to stick in your head for hours, and by that measure it succeeds. The light, bouncing beat comes to us courtesy of J Rock, while Pain delivers yet another catchy hook and Flo, well, flows capably over the quickly moving beat. My advice? Don’t worry about what it means; just shut off your brain and enjoy. For more potentially mystifying hip-pop be sure to keep an eye out for Flo-Rida’s upcoming third studio album The Only One, which has yet to be granted a solid release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.