I know what you’re thinking; what the hell is a Zoosk Girl? I’ll be honest, I’ve listened to Flo-Rida’s new single for the last twenty minutes straight and I still have no idea. Even more confusingly, I can’t 100 percent figure out if Flo and guest artist T-Pain think being a Zoosk girl is a good thing or not (although it seems like they do…right?). Still, a track like this isn’t made to be analyzed. Like most of Flo’s work, it’s meant to stick in your head for hours, and by that measure it succeeds. The light, bouncing beat comes to us courtesy of J Rock, while Pain delivers yet another catchy hook and Flo, well, flows capably over the quickly moving beat. My advice? Don’t worry about what it means; just shut off your brain and enjoy. For more potentially mystifying hip-pop be sure to keep an eye out for Flo-Rida’s upcoming third studio album The Only One, which has yet to be granted a solid release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.