Man, it’s been a minute since we’ve had a Top 40 smash based around an utterly transparent, yet radio-friendly euphemism for fellatio. Unless I’m forgetting something major between Lollipop and today—anyone? Whatever the case, fans of pop music and blatant innuendo will be happy to hear that the latest single off Flo Rida‘s senior set, ain’t about the kind of Whistle you find hanging around a referee’s neck, if you know what I mean. And I think you do, because I just said it a sentence or two ago. DJ Frank E and David Glass pool their talents on the production tip, crafting an uptempo guitar/synth instrumental exquisitely crafted for radio airplay, and the Panhandle State spitter comes with bars to match; foregoing his usual mile-a-minute flows, the emcee keeps it conversational, walking a delicate lyrical tightrope as he tutors a female student on the art of oral satisfaction. The real centerpiece of the record, however, is the whistled hook, which is guaranteed to keep running through your—ahem—head long after the record’s over. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more bangers leading up to the summer release of Flo’s fourth LP, Only One Rida (Part 2).
Written by richard on 05/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.