Flo Rida‘s back with single number two off his junior album? Oh Yeah. Uh, I mean, “Yes.” Having established that the Club Can’t Handle [Him], the Panhandle State hitmaker has nonetheless returned to spark a revolution on the dancefloor with the follow-up, Turn Around (5 4 3 2 1). Over DJ Frank E‘s synth-drenched beat (featuring a sample from the Ferris Bueller-famous Yello cut whose title I not-so-cleverly worked into that first line), Rida revisits the lyrical theme that runs through… nearly everything the man’s ever done: the beauty of the female anatomy in motion. With the help of some characteristically speedy flows, the emcee encourages an alluring shawty to ditch her inhibitions and back it up for his viewing pleasure. Complete with a chorus that’ll be etched in your memory by the time the song is over (“Mm-da-da, mm-da-da, mm-da-da, whoa-oh!”), Turn Around has booty-shaking pop appeal out the wazoo, but will it succeed where its predecessor stumbled and earn the respect of Booth regulars? We shall see. If you’re digging it, then you can expect more bangers on Only 1 Flo, set to drop Nov. 30.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.