Flo Rida‘s back with single number two off his junior album? Oh Yeah. Uh, I mean, “Yes.” Having established that the Club Can’t Handle [Him], the Panhandle State hitmaker has nonetheless returned to spark a revolution on the dancefloor with the follow-up, Turn Around (5 4 3 2 1). Over DJ Frank E‘s synth-drenched beat (featuring a sample from the Ferris Bueller-famous Yello cut whose title I not-so-cleverly worked into that first line), Rida revisits the lyrical theme that runs through… nearly everything the man’s ever done: the beauty of the female anatomy in motion. With the help of some characteristically speedy flows, the emcee encourages an alluring shawty to ditch her inhibitions and back it up for his viewing pleasure. Complete with a chorus that’ll be etched in your memory by the time the song is over (“Mm-da-da, mm-da-da, mm-da-da, whoa-oh!”), Turn Around has booty-shaking pop appeal out the wazoo, but will it succeed where its predecessor stumbled and earn the respect of Booth regulars? We shall see. If you’re digging it, then you can expect more bangers on Only 1 Flo, set to drop Nov. 30.
Written by richard on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)