Flo Rida‘s back with single number two off his junior album? Oh Yeah. Uh, I mean, “Yes.” Having established that the Club Can’t Handle [Him], the Panhandle State hitmaker has nonetheless returned to spark a revolution on the dancefloor with the follow-up, Turn Around (5 4 3 2 1). Over DJ Frank E‘s synth-drenched beat (featuring a sample from the Ferris Bueller-famous Yello cut whose title I not-so-cleverly worked into that first line), Rida revisits the lyrical theme that runs through… nearly everything the man’s ever done: the beauty of the female anatomy in motion. With the help of some characteristically speedy flows, the emcee encourages an alluring shawty to ditch her inhibitions and back it up for his viewing pleasure. Complete with a chorus that’ll be etched in your memory by the time the song is over (“Mm-da-da, mm-da-da, mm-da-da, whoa-oh!”), Turn Around has booty-shaking pop appeal out the wazoo, but will it succeed where its predecessor stumbled and earn the respect of Booth regulars? We shall see. If you’re digging it, then you can expect more bangers on Only 1 Flo, set to drop Nov. 30.
Written by richard on 10/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.