Ever watch an NFL team’s entire defensive line pile onto a hapless quarterback? Then you know what Flo Rida faces every time he sets foot in a club filled with beautiful women. A newly-leaked bonus cut and potential single off his forthcoming senior set, Run finds the Panhandle State hitmaker struggling to juggle the numerous fly females constantly vying for his time and attention. While their numbers are intimidating, he assures each that she’ll get her turn: “You see me all over her, you want me all over you / Soon as I get rid of her, tell me what you gonna do…” In addition to crafting the record’s pulsing, four-on-the-floor instrumental backdrop, LMFAO member and inveterate party-rocker RedFoo grabs the mic to deliver some libidinous guest bars during a beat-switched interlude. (Side note: if there’s a rhyming couplet less sexy than “I know what you wanna do, when I wiggle wiggle wiggle in my Underoos,” I sure haven’t heard it.) Time to weigh in, Booth readers: does this high-energy jam sound like Flo Rida’s next hit? If you’re digging it, lace up your jogging shoes and prepare to sprint to the nearest record store on July 3, when Wild Ones (formerly titled Only One Rida (Part 2)) is set to drop via Poe Boy/Atlantic.
Written by richard on 06/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.