Sometimes, Flo Rida gets a Good Feeling. This is evidently one of those times. On new single How I Feel, the Panhandle State hitmaker revisits the theme of his 2011 smash, describing his current mindstate by way of a sample from Nina Simone’s classic Feelin’ Good. The follow-up to July’s Can’t Believe It, this Sermstyle and DJ Frank-E-produced cut offers a bluesy twist on Flo’s club-ready formula, but retains his trademark energy and pop appeal. A driving 6/8 rhythm section backs the emcee as he spits about top-shelf bottles, globetrotting vacations and other staples of the fast life. Flo Rida’s next LP, The Perfect 10, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans will be able to cop this record via iTunes next Monday, October 28.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Flo Rida’s Shane Drake-directed How I Feel visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.