Sometimes, Flo Rida gets a Good Feeling. This is evidently one of those times. On new single How I Feel, the Panhandle State hitmaker revisits the theme of his 2011 smash, describing his current mindstate by way of a sample from Nina Simone’s classic Feelin’ Good. The follow-up to July’s Can’t Believe It, this Sermstyle and DJ Frank-E-produced cut offers a bluesy twist on Flo’s club-ready formula, but retains his trademark energy and pop appeal. A driving 6/8 rhythm section backs the emcee as he spits about top-shelf bottles, globetrotting vacations and other staples of the fast life. Flo Rida’s next LP, The Perfect 10, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans will be able to cop this record via iTunes next Monday, October 28.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Flo Rida’s Shane Drake-directed How I Feel visual.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.