Sometimes, Flo Rida gets a Good Feeling. This is evidently one of those times. On new single How I Feel, the Panhandle State hitmaker revisits the theme of his 2011 smash, describing his current mindstate by way of a sample from Nina Simone’s classic Feelin’ Good. The follow-up to July’s Can’t Believe It, this Sermstyle and DJ Frank-E-produced cut offers a bluesy twist on Flo’s club-ready formula, but retains his trademark energy and pop appeal. A driving 6/8 rhythm section backs the emcee as he spits about top-shelf bottles, globetrotting vacations and other staples of the fast life. Flo Rida’s next LP, The Perfect 10, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans will be able to cop this record via iTunes next Monday, October 28.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Flo Rida’s Shane Drake-directed How I Feel visual.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.