Sometimes, Flo Rida gets a Good Feeling. This is evidently one of those times. On new single How I Feel, the Panhandle State hitmaker revisits the theme of his 2011 smash, describing his current mindstate by way of a sample from Nina Simone’s classic Feelin’ Good. The follow-up to July’s Can’t Believe It, this Sermstyle and DJ Frank-E-produced cut offers a bluesy twist on Flo’s club-ready formula, but retains his trademark energy and pop appeal. A driving 6/8 rhythm section backs the emcee as he spits about top-shelf bottles, globetrotting vacations and other staples of the fast life. Flo Rida’s next LP, The Perfect 10, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans will be able to cop this record via iTunes next Monday, October 28.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Flo Rida’s Shane Drake-directed How I Feel visual.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.