Sometimes, Flo Rida gets a Good Feeling. This is evidently one of those times. On new single How I Feel, the Panhandle State hitmaker revisits the theme of his 2011 smash, describing his current mindstate by way of a sample from Nina Simone’s classic Feelin’ Good. The follow-up to July’s Can’t Believe It, this Sermstyle and DJ Frank-E-produced cut offers a bluesy twist on Flo’s club-ready formula, but retains his trademark energy and pop appeal. A driving 6/8 rhythm section backs the emcee as he spits about top-shelf bottles, globetrotting vacations and other staples of the fast life. Flo Rida’s next LP, The Perfect 10, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans will be able to cop this record via iTunes next Monday, October 28.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Flo Rida’s Shane Drake-directed How I Feel visual.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.