Realizing that a guy or girl for whom you’re head-over-heels feels the same way, discovering a crisp $20 bill on the ground, finding a public restroom just when you’ve resigned yourself to going in the nearest dark alley (Hey, when you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go); all Good Feelings, to be sure, but they don’t hold a candle to the sensation of listening to the lead single off Flo Rida’s senior set. You know…on second thought, those first three things I mentioned are a little better—but that doesn’t mean fans of high-energy dance music should pass over the Panhandle State club chief’s latest effort. Dr. Luke and Avicii look to a classic for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a sample from Etta James’ Something’s Got a Hold on Me into the centerpiece of a dancefloor-packing synth instrumental. Soul purists may cringe, but the rest will find it hard to keep still as Flo Rida laces the era-bridging beat with characteristically high-octane, low-concept rhymes about his grind, his ability to move crowds, and the struggles he’s overcome to make it this far. Are you feelin’ good after taking a listen to this joint? More mindstate-elevating bangers await on Flo’s Only 1 Flo (Part 2) LP, which has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 08/30/11
Hip-pop megastar Flo Rida has released his fourth studio album, Wild Ones, via Atlantic Records, featuring previously-released singles "Good Feeling," "Wild Ones," Whistle" and "Let It Roll."
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)