Realizing that a guy or girl for whom you’re head-over-heels feels the same way, discovering a crisp $20 bill on the ground, finding a public restroom just when you’ve resigned yourself to going in the nearest dark alley (Hey, when you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go); all Good Feelings, to be sure, but they don’t hold a candle to the sensation of listening to the lead single off Flo Rida’s senior set. You know…on second thought, those first three things I mentioned are a little better—but that doesn’t mean fans of high-energy dance music should pass over the Panhandle State club chief’s latest effort. Dr. Luke and Avicii look to a classic for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a sample from Etta James’ Something’s Got a Hold on Me into the centerpiece of a dancefloor-packing synth instrumental. Soul purists may cringe, but the rest will find it hard to keep still as Flo Rida laces the era-bridging beat with characteristically high-octane, low-concept rhymes about his grind, his ability to move crowds, and the struggles he’s overcome to make it this far. Are you feelin’ good after taking a listen to this joint? More mindstate-elevating bangers await on Flo’s Only 1 Flo (Part 2) LP, which has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.