Realizing that a guy or girl for whom you’re head-over-heels feels the same way, discovering a crisp $20 bill on the ground, finding a public restroom just when you’ve resigned yourself to going in the nearest dark alley (Hey, when you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go); all Good Feelings, to be sure, but they don’t hold a candle to the sensation of listening to the lead single off Flo Rida’s senior set. You know…on second thought, those first three things I mentioned are a little better—but that doesn’t mean fans of high-energy dance music should pass over the Panhandle State club chief’s latest effort. Dr. Luke and Avicii look to a classic for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a sample from Etta James’ Something’s Got a Hold on Me into the centerpiece of a dancefloor-packing synth instrumental. Soul purists may cringe, but the rest will find it hard to keep still as Flo Rida laces the era-bridging beat with characteristically high-octane, low-concept rhymes about his grind, his ability to move crowds, and the struggles he’s overcome to make it this far. Are you feelin’ good after taking a listen to this joint? More mindstate-elevating bangers await on Flo’s Only 1 Flo (Part 2) LP, which has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 08/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.