Realizing that a guy or girl for whom you’re head-over-heels feels the same way, discovering a crisp $20 bill on the ground, finding a public restroom just when you’ve resigned yourself to going in the nearest dark alley (Hey, when you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go); all Good Feelings, to be sure, but they don’t hold a candle to the sensation of listening to the lead single off Flo Rida’s senior set. You know…on second thought, those first three things I mentioned are a little better—but that doesn’t mean fans of high-energy dance music should pass over the Panhandle State club chief’s latest effort. Dr. Luke and Avicii look to a classic for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a sample from Etta James’ Something’s Got a Hold on Me into the centerpiece of a dancefloor-packing synth instrumental. Soul purists may cringe, but the rest will find it hard to keep still as Flo Rida laces the era-bridging beat with characteristically high-octane, low-concept rhymes about his grind, his ability to move crowds, and the struggles he’s overcome to make it this far. Are you feelin’ good after taking a listen to this joint? More mindstate-elevating bangers await on Flo’s Only 1 Flo (Part 2) LP, which has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 08/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.