With R.O.O.T.S. lead single Right Round, Flo Rida reworked Dead or Alive’s You Spin Me Round into a strip club anthem—a concept that, while ridiculous on paper, resulted in one of ‘09’s biggest hits to date. After hearing his latest single selection, all I can say is that Flo’s outdone himself. Remember I’m Blue, the ‘99 hit that was ultra-catchy way back when, but now exists as nothing but a slightly irritating memory? Well, prepare to hear that “Da ba dee, da ba die” chorus about a thousand more times—on Sugar, the emcee teams up with fellow Floridian DJ Montay and Surveillance singer Wynter Gordon to bring one-hit-wonder Eiffel 65’s one hit into the 21st century. Flo’s flow is tight and propulsive as he pays tribute to a woman whose kisses are sweet as candy, but it’s the chorus that will have this record on repeat in listeners’ heads (whether they like it or not). Easily as addictive as the titular substance, Sugar is sure to have R.O.O.T.S. flying off record store shelves on the 31st.
Written by richard on 03/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.