Flo Rida might be on top of the club-hop scene, but his background was just as rough as that of any rapper coming up from Miami-Dade County. Fulfilling the promise of his sophomore LP’s title, Flo enlists the help of just about everybody who’s anybody in the 305 rap scene to describe his first route of overcoming the struggle. Brisco, Billy Blue, Ballgreezy, Rick Ross, Redd Eyezz, Bred, Pitbull, and Ace Hood pay homage to Yayo, the substance that first made them rich. On the production tip, old school veteran Tony Kelly mixes synths and brass with a booming bass line, and tops the track off with an old-school sample. To most listeners, Yayo might be just average, but South Floridians will undoubtedly hail it as a classic—after all, they don’t call it the M-I-Ayo for nothing! R.O.O.T.S. is set to drop on the 31st.
Written by Burmy on 03/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.