Flo Rida might be on top of the club-hop scene, but his background was just as rough as that of any rapper coming up from Miami-Dade County. Fulfilling the promise of his sophomore LP’s title, Flo enlists the help of just about everybody who’s anybody in the 305 rap scene to describe his first route of overcoming the struggle. Brisco, Billy Blue, Ballgreezy, Rick Ross, Redd Eyezz, Bred, Pitbull, and Ace Hood pay homage to Yayo, the substance that first made them rich. On the production tip, old school veteran Tony Kelly mixes synths and brass with a booming bass line, and tops the track off with an old-school sample. To most listeners, Yayo might be just average, but South Floridians will undoubtedly hail it as a classic—after all, they don’t call it the M-I-Ayo for nothing! R.O.O.T.S. is set to drop on the 31st.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!