Flo Rida might be on top of the club-hop scene, but his background was just as rough as that of any rapper coming up from Miami-Dade County. Fulfilling the promise of his sophomore LP’s title, Flo enlists the help of just about everybody who’s anybody in the 305 rap scene to describe his first route of overcoming the struggle. Brisco, Billy Blue, Ballgreezy, Rick Ross, Redd Eyezz, Bred, Pitbull, and Ace Hood pay homage to Yayo, the substance that first made them rich. On the production tip, old school veteran Tony Kelly mixes synths and brass with a booming bass line, and tops the track off with an old-school sample. To most listeners, Yayo might be just average, but South Floridians will undoubtedly hail it as a classic—after all, they don’t call it the M-I-Ayo for nothing! R.O.O.T.S. is set to drop on the 31st.
Written by Burmy on 03/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.