Flo Rida might be on top of the club-hop scene, but his background was just as rough as that of any rapper coming up from Miami-Dade County. Fulfilling the promise of his sophomore LP’s title, Flo enlists the help of just about everybody who’s anybody in the 305 rap scene to describe his first route of overcoming the struggle. Brisco, Billy Blue, Ballgreezy, Rick Ross, Redd Eyezz, Bred, Pitbull, and Ace Hood pay homage to Yayo, the substance that first made them rich. On the production tip, old school veteran Tony Kelly mixes synths and brass with a booming bass line, and tops the track off with an old-school sample. To most listeners, Yayo might be just average, but South Floridians will undoubtedly hail it as a classic—after all, they don’t call it the M-I-Ayo for nothing! R.O.O.T.S. is set to drop on the 31st.
Written by Burmy on 03/22/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.