Last week when DJBooth featured the Flo Rida song Radio, I revealed that Atlantic Records would officially unleash the Miamian’s new single this week. Well, the label jumped the gun and the Timbaland-produced single, Elevator, is upon us. Riding high off the chart topping (still #1 at Billboard after five weeks) success from Low, Flo Rida was able to afford the services of arguably the most in demand producer in hip-hop (paging Dr. Dre). While listeners might assume The-Dream is behind the creation of this song (ella-ella-elevator sounds a lot like umbrella-ella-ella), the creative control behind this final product is courtesy of the upstart Flo Rida and the industry veteran Timbo.
Written by DJ Z on 01/27/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)