Hate on him all you want-you can’t deny that Flo-Rida is Miami’s next big hit maker. Once again (the catchy Birthday being the first), he demonstrates this valuable skill on the club banger Low featuring T-Pain (man, it seems this guy pops up everywhere!) Flo remembers what put Miami on the hip-hop map in the first place as he boasts about the sexy girls in the club, in a style similar to 305 pioneers 2 Live Crew and Trick Daddy. His sing-songy rap style (similar to Nelly) is duly complemented by Teddy Pain’s synthesized hook vocals, which are sure to get all the fine ladies going (they don’t call him Teddy Penderazdoun for nothing!) When his much-anticipated debut album Mail on Sunday drops later this summer, rap audiences should have every reason to believe Flo-Rida (the MC) is the future of hip hop in Florida (the state).
Written by Burmy on 07/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.