Hate on him all you want-you can’t deny that Flo-Rida is Miami’s next big hit maker. Once again (the catchy Birthday being the first), he demonstrates this valuable skill on the club banger Low featuring T-Pain (man, it seems this guy pops up everywhere!) Flo remembers what put Miami on the hip-hop map in the first place as he boasts about the sexy girls in the club, in a style similar to 305 pioneers 2 Live Crew and Trick Daddy. His sing-songy rap style (similar to Nelly) is duly complemented by Teddy Pain’s synthesized hook vocals, which are sure to get all the fine ladies going (they don’t call him Teddy Penderazdoun for nothing!) When his much-anticipated debut album Mail on Sunday drops later this summer, rap audiences should have every reason to believe Flo-Rida (the MC) is the future of hip hop in Florida (the state).
Written by Burmy on 07/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.