After Flo Rida’s debut single, Low, unexpectedly rose to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, it seemed highly unlikely that any other song from his debut LP, Mail On Sunday, would achieve the same success. Sure enough, its follow-up, the Timbaland-assisted Elevator, rose just like its title, but stalled at #16, and the album’s third single, In The Ayer, has yet to enter the Top 25. Not willing to give up hope, however, Flo has rallied fellow Floridians Rick Ross, Brisco and Billy Blue for the remix, in hopes that the extra firepower might give the record the boost it needs. Despite the paltry sales and mixed reviews of Mail On Sunday, the Miami native plans to release his sophomore set before the end of the calendar year.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.