In December of ‘05, Lil’ Wayne released his last studio album, The Carter II, and since has gone on to become the most talked-about, most featured and most in-demand rapper in the entire industry. Not as admired, but climbing the ‘popularity chart’ on a daily basis, Flo Rida jumped onto the scene this past July and has stayed in the limelight with his hit single, Low. As a result, the industry upstart has hooked up with the definition of ‘industry upstart’ for the new track, American Superstar, off Flo’s forthcoming debut, Mail On Sunday. Unlike most artists who feature Weezy on their music, Flo Rida stands on his own two feet and does not let his guest take center stage. American Superstar can also be found on The Flo Rida Cash Cartel mixtape by DJ Chuck T.
Written by DJ Z on 02/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.