In December of ‘05, Lil’ Wayne released his last studio album, The Carter II, and since has gone on to become the most talked-about, most featured and most in-demand rapper in the entire industry. Not as admired, but climbing the ‘popularity chart’ on a daily basis, Flo Rida jumped onto the scene this past July and has stayed in the limelight with his hit single, Low. As a result, the industry upstart has hooked up with the definition of ‘industry upstart’ for the new track, American Superstar, off Flo’s forthcoming debut, Mail On Sunday. Unlike most artists who feature Weezy on their music, Flo Rida stands on his own two feet and does not let his guest take center stage. American Superstar can also be found on The Flo Rida Cash Cartel mixtape by DJ Chuck T.
Written by DJ Z on 02/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.