Some artists just have a great ear for beats. And while some of the most lyrical rappers can occasionally be instrumentally-challenged (see: Nas), there are still some dog-eared emcees out there today. Flo-Rida is one of those artists; the muscular top 40 entertainer’s hit songs are known for having the type of sound that mixtape murderers like Lil Wayne salivate to spit over. Luckily on Fresh I Stay (Pt. 2), Flo-Rida invites Weezy to feast on this gourmet banger, although the best rapper alive does threaten to eat his lunch. With scratches, a dope tropical sample, and a gang of ferocious drums courtesy of producer Fiend, Fresh I Stay undoubtedly goes hard. Flo-Rida and Wayne are equally tough as both emcees compliment the production like a well-dressed prom date, but Weezy steals the show like a teacher’s pet with A grade bars like, “Man my money long, call me Stretch Armstrong.” If you’re feeling Fresh I Stay then make sure that you cop Flo’s new album The Only One whenever the label brass lock down a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.