Some artists just have a great ear for beats. And while some of the most lyrical rappers can occasionally be instrumentally-challenged (see: Nas), there are still some dog-eared emcees out there today. Flo-Rida is one of those artists; the muscular top 40 entertainer’s hit songs are known for having the type of sound that mixtape murderers like Lil Wayne salivate to spit over. Luckily on Fresh I Stay (Pt. 2), Flo-Rida invites Weezy to feast on this gourmet banger, although the best rapper alive does threaten to eat his lunch. With scratches, a dope tropical sample, and a gang of ferocious drums courtesy of producer Fiend, Fresh I Stay undoubtedly goes hard. Flo-Rida and Wayne are equally tough as both emcees compliment the production like a well-dressed prom date, but Weezy steals the show like a teacher’s pet with A grade bars like, “Man my money long, call me Stretch Armstrong.” If you’re feeling Fresh I Stay then make sure that you cop Flo’s new album The Only One whenever the label brass lock down a release date.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.