Some artists just have a great ear for beats. And while some of the most lyrical rappers can occasionally be instrumentally-challenged (see: Nas), there are still some dog-eared emcees out there today. Flo-Rida is one of those artists; the muscular top 40 entertainer’s hit songs are known for having the type of sound that mixtape murderers like Lil Wayne salivate to spit over. Luckily on Fresh I Stay (Pt. 2), Flo-Rida invites Weezy to feast on this gourmet banger, although the best rapper alive does threaten to eat his lunch. With scratches, a dope tropical sample, and a gang of ferocious drums courtesy of producer Fiend, Fresh I Stay undoubtedly goes hard. Flo-Rida and Wayne are equally tough as both emcees compliment the production like a well-dressed prom date, but Weezy steals the show like a teacher’s pet with A grade bars like, “Man my money long, call me Stretch Armstrong.” If you’re feeling Fresh I Stay then make sure that you cop Flo’s new album The Only One whenever the label brass lock down a release date.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.