Some artists just have a great ear for beats. And while some of the most lyrical rappers can occasionally be instrumentally-challenged (see: Nas), there are still some dog-eared emcees out there today. Flo-Rida is one of those artists; the muscular top 40 entertainer’s hit songs are known for having the type of sound that mixtape murderers like Lil Wayne salivate to spit over. Luckily on Fresh I Stay (Pt. 2), Flo-Rida invites Weezy to feast on this gourmet banger, although the best rapper alive does threaten to eat his lunch. With scratches, a dope tropical sample, and a gang of ferocious drums courtesy of producer Fiend, Fresh I Stay undoubtedly goes hard. Flo-Rida and Wayne are equally tough as both emcees compliment the production like a well-dressed prom date, but Weezy steals the show like a teacher’s pet with A grade bars like, “Man my money long, call me Stretch Armstrong.” If you’re feeling Fresh I Stay then make sure that you cop Flo’s new album The Only One whenever the label brass lock down a release date.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.