Some artists just have a great ear for beats. And while some of the most lyrical rappers can occasionally be instrumentally-challenged (see: Nas), there are still some dog-eared emcees out there today. Flo-Rida is one of those artists; the muscular top 40 entertainer’s hit songs are known for having the type of sound that mixtape murderers like Lil Wayne salivate to spit over. Luckily on Fresh I Stay (Pt. 2), Flo-Rida invites Weezy to feast on this gourmet banger, although the best rapper alive does threaten to eat his lunch. With scratches, a dope tropical sample, and a gang of ferocious drums courtesy of producer Fiend, Fresh I Stay undoubtedly goes hard. Flo-Rida and Wayne are equally tough as both emcees compliment the production like a well-dressed prom date, but Weezy steals the show like a teacher’s pet with A grade bars like, “Man my money long, call me Stretch Armstrong.” If you’re feeling Fresh I Stay then make sure that you cop Flo’s new album The Only One whenever the label brass lock down a release date.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.