Like… well, just about everything the dude’s released, new single Who Dat Girl sees Flo Rida overtaken by the charms of a beautiful woman. This time, however, the story’s set not at the club, but at the emcee’s local polling place, where the artist spots an alluring shawty in line to cast her ballot. OK, that was a lie designed to subtly influence readers to run to the polls while (or if) there’s still time. PSA over. In reality, this is another of Flo’s trademark radio/club bangers, featuring a beat strongly reminiscent of Dr. Luke‘s work on Tik Tok and all the lust-fueled rhymes we’ve come to expect from the Panhandle State representative (“I imagine her topless, she might set off my rocket,” etc.). Adding an extra jolt of pop appeal, Konvict head honcho Akon jumps aboard to lend his vocals to the double-time chorus. So, readers, is Dat Girl a worthy successor to its Booth-acclaimed predecessor, Turn Around? Whatever your take on the matter, you’ll find both of the aforementioned cuts and plenty more on the rapper’s Only One Flo (Pt.1) LP, due out November 30.
Written by richard on 11/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.