Like… well, just about everything the dude’s released, new single Who Dat Girl sees Flo Rida overtaken by the charms of a beautiful woman. This time, however, the story’s set not at the club, but at the emcee’s local polling place, where the artist spots an alluring shawty in line to cast her ballot. OK, that was a lie designed to subtly influence readers to run to the polls while (or if) there’s still time. PSA over. In reality, this is another of Flo’s trademark radio/club bangers, featuring a beat strongly reminiscent of Dr. Luke‘s work on Tik Tok and all the lust-fueled rhymes we’ve come to expect from the Panhandle State representative (“I imagine her topless, she might set off my rocket,” etc.). Adding an extra jolt of pop appeal, Konvict head honcho Akon jumps aboard to lend his vocals to the double-time chorus. So, readers, is Dat Girl a worthy successor to its Booth-acclaimed predecessor, Turn Around? Whatever your take on the matter, you’ll find both of the aforementioned cuts and plenty more on the rapper’s Only One Flo (Pt.1) LP, due out November 30.
Written by richard on 11/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)