Yesterday, Nappy Boy girl group Sophia Fresh stepped into the Booth with This Instant, a track set for inclusion on the Step Up 3-D soundtrack. If that exuberant cut was the musical equivalent of downing a dozen Pixy Stix, then I’m going to have to come up with an even crazier analogy to describe Flo Rida‘s contribution… how about an extra-large ice cream sundae topped with pure adrenaline? Basically, Club Can’t Handle Me gives new meaning to the word “upbeat.” Backed by the pulse-pounding percussion, sugary synths and subtle strings of of Sexy B*tch producer David Guetta, the Panhandle State hitmaker spits two verses’ worth of characteristically low-concept, high-energy rhymes, promising: “I’m gonna celebrate, ‘cause that’s all I know.” A scorcher like this one needs a catchy hook, and Flo delivers, teaming up with an unidentified female background singer on the eminently sing-alongable chorus. If this record’s party-ready vibe has you hooked, you’ll be able to find plenty more bubblegum-pop gems on the SU3D soundtrack LP when it hits stores on June 20.
Written by richard on 06/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.