Yesterday, Nappy Boy girl group Sophia Fresh stepped into the Booth with This Instant, a track set for inclusion on the Step Up 3-D soundtrack. If that exuberant cut was the musical equivalent of downing a dozen Pixy Stix, then I’m going to have to come up with an even crazier analogy to describe Flo Rida‘s contribution… how about an extra-large ice cream sundae topped with pure adrenaline? Basically, Club Can’t Handle Me gives new meaning to the word “upbeat.” Backed by the pulse-pounding percussion, sugary synths and subtle strings of of Sexy B*tch producer David Guetta, the Panhandle State hitmaker spits two verses’ worth of characteristically low-concept, high-energy rhymes, promising: “I’m gonna celebrate, ‘cause that’s all I know.” A scorcher like this one needs a catchy hook, and Flo delivers, teaming up with an unidentified female background singer on the eminently sing-alongable chorus. If this record’s party-ready vibe has you hooked, you’ll be able to find plenty more bubblegum-pop gems on the SU3D soundtrack LP when it hits stores on June 20.
Written by richard on 06/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.