Most aspiring artists work towards that one illustrious prize in the industry; to be signed by a major label. Once they get signed it seems like nothing but Crystal, Bentleys and ice. Sadly that is most often not the case, just ask the Oakland trio Flypsyde. The group was once signed to Interscope, toured with the likes of Snoop Dogg
Snoop Lion, Game and Akon, and even had a song picked as the Olympic theme. Despite their successes, Flipsyde had some unresolved issues with Interscope and decided it would be best to part ways and go the indiet route. With the picture they paint of the industry on their newest self-produced single, Tower Of Hollywood, who could blame them? So aspiring artists, grab a pen and a pad and take notes as Flipsyde brings their distinct genre bending sound and energy to address the perils and shortcomings of mainstream hip-hop. Want to find out if they have any more wisdom to share? Then you will just have to check out their Tower Of Hollywood EP, which dropped today and is available online.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's Goin' Down" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.