Most aspiring artists work towards that one illustrious prize in the industry; to be signed by a major label. Once they get signed it seems like nothing but Crystal, Bentleys and ice. Sadly that is most often not the case, just ask the Oakland trio Flypsyde. The group was once signed to Interscope, toured with the likes of Snoop Dogg
Snoop Lion, Game and Akon, and even had a song picked as the Olympic theme. Despite their successes, Flipsyde had some unresolved issues with Interscope and decided it would be best to part ways and go the indiet route. With the picture they paint of the industry on their newest self-produced single, Tower Of Hollywood, who could blame them? So aspiring artists, grab a pen and a pad and take notes as Flipsyde brings their distinct genre bending sound and energy to address the perils and shortcomings of mainstream hip-hop. Want to find out if they have any more wisdom to share? Then you will just have to check out their Tower Of Hollywood EP, which dropped today and is available online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's Goin' Down" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.