Most aspiring artists work towards that one illustrious prize in the industry; to be signed by a major label. Once they get signed it seems like nothing but Crystal, Bentleys and ice. Sadly that is most often not the case, just ask the Oakland trio Flypsyde. The group was once signed to Interscope, toured with the likes of Snoop Dogg
Snoop Lion, Game and Akon, and even had a song picked as the Olympic theme. Despite their successes, Flipsyde had some unresolved issues with Interscope and decided it would be best to part ways and go the indiet route. With the picture they paint of the industry on their newest self-produced single, Tower Of Hollywood, who could blame them? So aspiring artists, grab a pen and a pad and take notes as Flipsyde brings their distinct genre bending sound and energy to address the perils and shortcomings of mainstream hip-hop. Want to find out if they have any more wisdom to share? Then you will just have to check out their Tower Of Hollywood EP, which dropped today and is available online.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's Goin' Down" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.