A brooding banger dealing with alienation in the game and the dark side of modern romance, Kanye‘s
Theraflu Way Too Cold
Cold was aesthetically congruent to the moody style of today’s R&B freshmen—Hit-Boy‘s street-ready production and DJ Khaled ad-libs simply obscured the cut’s moodier undertones. Newly signed to indie label After Platinum, FlightSch peel back the record’s glossy surface on their debut DJBooth feature, Way Too Cold. As befitting an up-and-coming crew with a taste for secrecy—Google as I might, I couldn’t even figure out the names of the members—they keep the production in-house, crafting a intricate, reverb-drenched synth instrumental whose ominous tone is only compounded by the menacing sample running underneath the hook: “Shut the f**k up, shut up for I embarrass you.” Vocally, the group turn in an equally compelling performance, mixing numbed-out flows with sung vocals that will draw them inevitable comparisons to The Weeknd‘s Abel Tesfaye. Interest piqued? Watch the Booth front page for further tunes leading up to the summer release of FlightSch’s latest project, Visitation.
Written by richard on 05/10/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool for You" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.