A brooding banger dealing with alienation in the game and the dark side of modern romance, Kanye‘s
Theraflu Way Too Cold
Cold was aesthetically congruent to the moody style of today’s R&B freshmen—Hit-Boy‘s street-ready production and DJ Khaled ad-libs simply obscured the cut’s moodier undertones. Newly signed to indie label After Platinum, FlightSch peel back the record’s glossy surface on their debut DJBooth feature, Way Too Cold. As befitting an up-and-coming crew with a taste for secrecy—Google as I might, I couldn’t even figure out the names of the members—they keep the production in-house, crafting a intricate, reverb-drenched synth instrumental whose ominous tone is only compounded by the menacing sample running underneath the hook: “Shut the f**k up, shut up for I embarrass you.” Vocally, the group turn in an equally compelling performance, mixing numbed-out flows with sung vocals that will draw them inevitable comparisons to The Weeknd‘s Abel Tesfaye. Interest piqued? Watch the Booth front page for further tunes leading up to the summer release of FlightSch’s latest project, Visitation.
Written by richard on 05/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool for You" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.