If, as the cliché goes, there’s no rest for The Wicked, Flex The Antihero has a lot of long nights ahead of him. But he ain’t sweating it; on single number three off his forthcoming solo set, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “I guess I’ll sleep when I am dead.” Similar in theme to Starlito‘s Insomnia Addict, featured earlier today on our pages, this joint finds the Toronto repper spitting about the overtime hours he’s been racking up in pursuit of success in the hip-hop game. As on previous singles Medicated and Big Dreams, M Mac and Emerson Brooks double up to create the cut’s moody instrumental backdrop. Fresh off the Booth-exclusive release of his January EP, Indrid Cold, Allan Rayman contributes his sung vocals to the hook. Evan Ciniello and Abdul Malik direct the moody accompanying visuals. SALEM still lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Flex The Antihero has unleashed his debut digital full-length, SALEM. The project packs 12 fresh records from the Toronto emcee, a member of local duo The Antiheroes. Included are reader-approved singles "Medicated," "
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.