If, as the cliché goes, there’s no rest for The Wicked, Flex The Antihero has a lot of long nights ahead of him. But he ain’t sweating it; on single number three off his forthcoming solo set, he simply shrugs his shoulders and says, “I guess I’ll sleep when I am dead.” Similar in theme to Starlito‘s Insomnia Addict, featured earlier today on our pages, this joint finds the Toronto repper spitting about the overtime hours he’s been racking up in pursuit of success in the hip-hop game. As on previous singles Medicated and Big Dreams, M Mac and Emerson Brooks double up to create the cut’s moody instrumental backdrop. Fresh off the Booth-exclusive release of his January EP, Indrid Cold, Allan Rayman contributes his sung vocals to the hook. Evan Ciniello and Abdul Malik direct the moody accompanying visuals. SALEM still lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.