Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 20th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Flex The Antihero, a T-Dot spitter first introduced to our pages as one-half of The Antiheroes. On The Becoming, the SmashMouth signee showcases his relentless flows over a synth-driven original beat by Tallboy. Flex is currently preparing to liberate the official visuals for Violet, a single off his acclaimed debut album, SALEM. Projects on the agenda include a new solo EP and a collaborative EP with fellow Booth fave Allan Rayman.
Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.