Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 20th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Flex The Antihero, a T-Dot spitter first introduced to our pages as one-half of The Antiheroes. On The Becoming, the SmashMouth signee showcases his relentless flows over a synth-driven original beat by Tallboy. Flex is currently preparing to liberate the official visuals for Violet, a single off his acclaimed debut album, SALEM. Projects on the agenda include a new solo EP and a collaborative EP with fellow Booth fave Allan Rayman.
Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.