Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 20th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Flex The Antihero, a T-Dot spitter first introduced to our pages as one-half of The Antiheroes. On The Becoming, the SmashMouth signee showcases his relentless flows over a synth-driven original beat by Tallboy. Flex is currently preparing to liberate the official visuals for Violet, a single off his acclaimed debut album, SALEM. Projects on the agenda include a new solo EP and a collaborative EP with fellow Booth fave Allan Rayman.
Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)